10.19.2010

Logo Build Storyboards

I redid the logo a bit, made it less sharp and changed the font to fit the identity that I wanted. It also correlates with my previous pieces better because that is the font I used as well. I chose orange as a color because it is a warm earth tone and it isn't bright like red or yellow and it just seems fitting. The brown that contrasts it, to me, represents the earth part and dirt and how the organization strives to be green and really natural. It also comes off as a home color and warm and all the things that are "home" like.
 These are my storyboards for the logo build. First round:


This was for last Monday when Tyler was gone so we had group crits. During the crit, people talked about how mine has the "architecture" part of the group down but not the "humanity" part. So we decided the humanity part could be covered in the way it is built or by incorporating images. The idea they liked best is the logo building itself or drawing itself out. So I took those ideas and moved on to round 2. We were supposed to only have one storyboard but I did three because I wasn't positive yet.
For these, I took from what people said during Monday's crit and improved them. The first one is someone actually building the logo. I'm not going this route because I don't think it would fit under 5 seconds without feeling rushed. It also doesn't really speak humanity either. The second option was to have the logo drawn from the bottom up and with it, making an image. The third option is similar but the drawing starts from the middle and then out. In the end, I pursued the second direction but there won't be an image in the logo itself. It was decided that the space is too small to really comprehend the image so I will be putting multiple images in the center triangle and have the logo build around that.

No comments:

Post a Comment