This first semester in design was really good. I learned a lot more than I thought I have. In terms of color, drawing, and form, delineation studies and orthographic views were my favorite parts. I've learned color before so it was more of a review for me. I feel like overall, the course was helpful and I know it will be useful. The last projects we did was the group calendar and our color book. I need to document those and I'll try to post them over the next week or so. The calendar turned out really well and I'm really proud of how organized we were and how nice they came out.
So these are my final pages for my color book. I renamed some and then took some new ones. First is warm-cool:Vibration:
Munsell's diagonal (I think I'm going to take out the yellow hearts/words):
Munsell's 3d through space:
Cover (on left) and then the back:
Yup. Hopefully these are good and I can finish up printing. :D
Marks with tools:Linear depiction line 1:
And then my animation exported really weird and I have yet to figure it out, but it is done and I will try to figure out how to export it nicely. :D
I felt like project 3 is a great one to wrap the first fall semester of design up with. Starting with project 1, we looked at conveying messages through simple dots and pictures. From that, abstraction was brought into project 3. With project 2, we looked more deeply into design with juxtapositions. Project 3 was definitely encompassing all of the projects. The abstraction that we worked with in project 1 helped a lot and there were some correlation with project 2 and 3 but not as much as 1 and 3. In project 2, we worked between mediums: digital to hand work back to digital. I felt like that helped with project 3 since we did hand work and then brought it into the digital realm. In general, I learned a tons. I learned how to view abstraction with a deeper meaning, content is everything, and there's always a deeper layer with everything. Process work is also important because looking back on it, my first thought for everything was totally not the best. When going into the spring semester, I feel like I can bring a lot of knowledge with me. Just things like ideas and principles, work ethic, and stuff like that. It was a really good fall semester.
Below is one of my iterations for project 3, line one of my haiku. It goes, "Night is bright with stars."
I remember during critique in class, people didn't see the haiku line in any of these shapes. At first, I was going for the "night" part but looking back on it now, I totally see what everyone sees. There is no bright or stars in there at all. The last eight shapes was going towards more to the stars part but it wasn't bright and that word/idea is the main point of the line. Line 1 was the hardest for me since my ideas never worked so I had to restart my thinking process and I feel like my final shape really goes with line well (definitely better than the above ones).
Yay. Last "official" week of studio work...but there's still so much left to do! So we worked on our group project this week along with RGB-ing our leaves. First, I'll show my calendar page.I had June and the color scheme was warm/cool as an effect. I did 2 versions, one using gradient and one using opposites. The above design was the final design except there are some tweaks in it not shown. I'm super excited to see the whole calendar together. I feel like it will be good. We also worked on changing our CMYK colors into RGB colors for the web. So below is my RGB fixes with the scanned color aid on the left. If you want to see the CMYK one, its in and older post. :D
RGB is definitely easier than doing CMYK. For some reason, I never had problems with printing what I see on screen but the Konica is like a totally different coloring so it was so much harder. In the next week, we are finishing up our calendar and our environmental color book. I'm so excited to see the final products. It will be good. :D