10.28.2010

Final Packaging

Before my final piece, I tried different coloring to the molecules and I used another color that wasn't very "honeycomb" like and I didn't feel like it worked as well so I kept with just oranges and yellows.

So here are the final designs:

And then the stuff for the presentation critique.
The original package for Cheerios was ethos because of the big white check mark saying that it is whole grain guaranteed along with General Mills logo. So my modes are logos and pathos. For logos, I went with the "help lower your cholesterol" idea and using the molecule as a representation of that. It also has the honeycomb shape, which reiterates that it's Honey Nut Cheerios. I kept with a structured layout and centered my type to make it have more authority and look like it knows what it is talking about. For pathos, I went with a happy theme and the idea that Cheerios is like the sun. You should wake up with the sun and be happy. I drew out all the elements to replicate a child's drawing and therefore hopefully attract kids. I also used a photo of the Cheerios instead of drawing it so that people could recognize that it was a Cheerio and not a drawing of a circle. I tried to keep it fun and light and happy.

I feel like both of my packages have certain audiences. Like logos is directed towards adult more than it is directed towards kids and pathos is more for kids than adults. I find that interesting that it just kind of happened and it makes me wonder if I could have done logos and still appeal to children. I probably could by just the way it is executed. In the end, I'm happy with what I did. I think some parts could be more interesting but once I put it in a context shot, I really like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment