10.03.2010

Combined Detail Narrative Final


Mission Statement and History from Vi Pham on Vimeo.


Final piece. I changed the order of the text around and tried to make it interesting. If you saw the process one, it was kinda dull because it was just A B A B and people just stared at a blank screen when audio was going. With the final, I tried overlapping the audio with the text so that it's a bit faster pace and it keeps the viewer's attention. I changed the colors around so it wasn't so everywhere and the text is perhaps less robotic than it was before. It was hard lining up the audio and text where I wanted it to. There's some places that overlap nicely but majority of it seemed more random. I learned how timing is important and it was a challenge to combine the two to make a narrative that wasn't overpowering. Trying to work with audio in Flash was hard though because the timing doesn't always line up with the frames so there was a lot of scooting around and that's kind of why the end stays on the logo frame for such a long time, because the layer with the last audio sentence didn't end until then. If I cut down the frames on that audio, the audio would be cut so it came down to just moving things around and guessing. That's also why it was hard for me to time things so that it the audio and text overlaps because I can't tell where the text was land when the audio plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment