2.07.2010

Pictograms Icons Signs and An Iconic Lion

Both of these readings helped in the process of making our objects into icons. The reading on pictograms was helpful to see the system progress through history and how much has changed. I loved the part where it separates the viewers experience into three phases. At first glance, the most important qualities are perceived. After that, the less important qualities are seen. And as the last phase, additional details are perceived. In the reading about the lion for NY's Public Library, seeing all the drawings was inspiring. It really shows how much work and drawings are put into creating a successful icon. Which means, I need to work on my drawings. Even though I can't draw, I should try harder than I already am. I will post my drawings sometime before Wednesday for sure, so expect the worse drawings ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment