10.04.2009

Project 2 Reading Response

In Lupton's reading over rhythm along with the class lecture, repetition plays a big part in creating that. It can be created by line, spacing, and line weight. Following are my line studies that I felt were most rhythmic. So first is balance:
Progression:
And then randomness:
Even though these lines studies aren't the best example, I still feel like they convey rhythm most (compared to my other ones). I really liked the example that Lupton used on page 36 and 37. It showed rhythm in an overall picture which helps me imagine how the end product of this project will flow and how each page will lead to another one. In the pages about lines, I liked how she describes lines as being everything and it just simply exist. This can definitely be applied to the photo safari that was assigned. It exists everywhere you look and it enters the picture plane and creates space and volume.

1 comment:

  1. Great response - by showing examples from your own work that you think best represent the reading.

    ReplyDelete