10.18.2009

Contrasting V

This week we worked on contrasting pairs in relationship to design principles like figure/ground relationship, balance, and movement. Below are some of my pairs but first is just a shot of my 12 inch letter form.

Craft could be worked on. It was definitely harder working on the big letter as opposed to the small. Focal point:
Neutrality:
Contrast (I really like this shot because I shot it from behind):
And minimal detection:
Minimal detection and reversible is pretty similar but they work individually and with the pairs. Making the pairs was definitely hard. The reading Terri assigned didn't help very much in what each pair should be like. It was helpful to define contrast in a whole though. The first round of pairs was horrible and my second attempt was more successful because I knew what I should be aimed for. I'm really excited to make it into an accordion book and we are now moving into color!!~!

No comments:

Post a Comment