10.05.2009

NY Times

I really enjoyed the SpeakUp article because it made me look at juxtaposing in a different light (and she mentioned Berger, who I love). Her examples of page three of the Times were definitely inspiring. When I was looking for pairs between my photographs and my line studies, I was looking for somewhat exact shapes. After reading her article, I see juxtaposing does not have to be in just similar shapes but also in content and the lines that are created.
^^ one of my juxtaposed spread (it still needs to be fixed).

Another thing I loved about the articles was that she pointed out the similarities that were unplanned. There were some that worked for me and some that didn't. The ones that did work relied heavily on the text as well as the image. I think from that, the juxtapositions develop a more conceptual meaning than just being images.

No comments:

Post a Comment