10.27.2009

Color is...

...the subject that causes trouble.
...more than just a visual phenomenon - it is a uniquely emotional language and a symbolic tool for all designers.
...the element closest to the client and the audience's subjective identity.
- Sean Adams

I really enjoyed the readings, especially the reading from the workbook. It helped clear up a lot of questions pertaining to color theories. Saturation and value is still confusing so I'm hoping a "a-ha!" moment will come soon. I thought I understood it but then I read the reading and then started doubting myself. I understand that saturation is the intensity of a hue and value is the brightness of the hue. The part I guess that I'm not getting is how to not mix the two together. Other than that, when I read about color harmonies, it was just a review of what I learned earlier, just with more details. I liked the Albers reading but it was still hard to read. The exercises that he talks about makes a lot of sense and it describes how we see color. I tried taking notes but that didn't go very well...I do get the overall idea though. :D In general, LOVE the color workbook, pictures help (and that it's in color and has awesome examples).

No comments:

Post a Comment