10.04.2009

Building V

Last week in Form, we built a 3 inch letterform. I chose to do V for my name. I figured I could put it in my room after I was done. So anyways, that was a fun project. I wish I took some process pictures but I'm really bad at remembering to take pictures. I started out doing a Baskerville V but then ended up doing a Univers V instead. I cut out the form for the Baskerville but I didn't like how it looked. I can't really do curves well on foam core so I figured I should do a more simple font so my craft will be better. So I did that and I was very pleased with it. I learned that sanding bristol paper does not work and building the inside of the V and then covering it with bristol makes it look so much better. I also painted the edges with white paint to make it even but some fell through the cracks so it's not perfect perfect. I really enjoyed the practice because now when we build our 12 inch letterforms, it will be somewhat easier. There are final pictures on Amber's blog so go there and check out all of our letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment