10.20.2009

Project 2 Reading Response

"All things exist in interaction with other things" - Malcolm Grear

The above quote made me think about the juxtapositions that we made using photographs and our line studies. The two different compositions come together to create a cohesive spread.
I totally agree with the section about framing. It is a variable that graphic designers think about all the time and it isn't something that we can avoid. Cropping also plays a big part in how the viewers see the image and it could make or break a picture. A lot of my pictures were nice, but when cropped in, it loses its characteristics and it doesn't make sense anymore (so I didn't use them). Some were cropped really far away and it was much strong when zoomed in, like the above pair. The reading in general was a review of framing and figure/ground relationship for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment