10.18.2009

Radium

We are working on "logos" in Type right now using the elements in the periodic table. I was assigned radium, an radioactive substance that can't even be handled because it is a million times more active than uranium (awesome, I know). The symbol for it is Ra and I started by picking heavy, bold fonts because radium is pretty hardcore and then trying to combine R and a into a successful composition. We had to make 30 sketches, which by the time I had 15, I was stuck. Anyways, apparently I had some really good ones and below are the three that the class chose, in which I made five different iterations of each one.
I really like the fourth and the fifth of the first row, the third one of the second row, and the second and fourth of the third row. They were really fun to make, besides the bottom row since it was a bit harder to have to cut a stroke out of the A and the scissor tool wouldn't work on it nor could I get the knife tool to work properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment