3.11.2010

Design Writing Research

This reading reinforces the idea that pictographs can take on many meanings. Like in the section Modern Hieroglyphs, a lot of icons/symbols were used and it touched on how these could mean another thing. In the section that talked about the Japanese writing, I can see how these "characters" are symbols themselves. I've studied Chinese before so I see them as words and I can recognize some and know the meanings to them, so to see them as just an icon that represent something was a bit challenging. I can see how this relates to our project right now as well. We developed icons and they mean something to our story, but adding color into them creates this whole other connotation with it. Let's take my leaf for example. My story takes place in autumn so I stuck with an autumn color scheme. If I was to change it to a light green, it could mean spring and if I turn it into a dark green, it could be mean summer. So to use color is just another way to clearly convey the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment