11.01.2009

The Urge to Make Things

I love the title for this article for some reason. It's serious as well as playful. Anyways, the article was so inspirational. I loved the quote about the painter paints a tree and in that process, he becomes the tree. I also thought that it was clever that the writer wanted to be a bell when he grew up. That was cute. In regards to my mark making, it definitely made me more self conscious about my marks. At first I was drawing shapes with them and as I continued on, I just made them into stamps. Then I realized I was trying to capture the essence of my objects in one single stamp (which was hard) but I felt like I have achieved that. I think I have to meditate more about becoming one with the object like the Chinese painter, or at least something close to that.

1 comment:

  1. I can see that you did make that break through in last round of shapes of the woman made from the hair tie.

    ReplyDelete