11.01.2009

Itten Studies

So I suck officially at taking pictures of all my color studies. But I have decided to mass post them once I get them all back. Promise promise promise. Last week, we worked with Itten color studies that were much easier than our value and saturation studies (I think). There were 8 different contrasts that we worked with and the most difficult, was the simultaneous contrast (for everyone). I somewhat achieved it but I felt like I could've done better. Another one that was wrong was the cold-warm contrast. I thought it was just the comparison between a cold and warm color but apparently, it was suppose to be a gradation from a cold color to a warm color. The study in general was very contrast of value though and that made me somewhat satisfied. Next week we are doing Albers and starting our environmental color studies. I think I'm still doing the shopping windows but I've been looking around and have yet to figure out if that's the final decision since there isn't very colorful windows right now. But we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment