11.01.2009

Connotation and Denotation

Connotation is what is pictured whereas denotation is how it is pictured. The example the writer used was a child. I thought this was a good example since it is something that we all can relate to. I also liked how it was in the context of photography and how color plays a part in the reader's mind as well. This reading helps the understand of connotation and denotation more than the dictionary does since it gives an example. In regards to my haiku, there is a line in there that says "Shall I light the lamp?" One of my shape is based on the word "radiance" so I drew like this pinwheel looking thing. The connotative side of it is that it pictures a radiance and it is denotative since it looks like a pinwheel and not like a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment