11.09.2009

Time and Motion

Time and motion are principles that are closely related to one another. Motion can be defined as a kind of change, whether it is change in time or a literal change. These two principles are considered for all design work, from multipage printed book to an animation for film. The examples shown were all really great ideas that involved motion in a still image. It made me think about all the projects that I did last year in fall foundation class and having to deal with temporal change in an image. I loved all the LOOP examples and having to deal with implied time and motion. It shows that motion can be achieved in a static image/logo. The section about animation basics was helpful too since I did some stop-motion last year and worked on some flash in Type class so I got what it was talking about. The example that I absolutely loved was the animated typography by Peter Cho. I loved how all the changes were complex yet so simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment