11.15.2009

Munsell Arrangements

We finished our color studies with Munsell's arrangements. I felt like these were "easier" than the scores, and even Itten's and Alber's studies. The hardest part was maybe choosing the colors since they were based on themes, and really, those weren't hard hard. My first page was based on winter, summer, spring, and fall and they used arrangements one through four.
My next page was based on salad, vegetable, meat, and dessert and was based on arrangement five through eight. During our crit, "everyone" was saying how they don't see the color choices as associating with the theme, which I totally agree with. The only thing I think I had a problem with was that people thought it was too subjective, which in a way, I see but I mean, that's how I see these themes to be colored and I feel like they are universal enough. But whatever, the only one I had a problem with was meat, which I totally agree it sucks.
We also expanded our found color projects with more pictures. I think I'll post them sometime later when I have them all revised and better looking. It's hard finding what I need in store windows since it is something I have no control over and I feel like I have to work harder with what I got/chose. It will work out though, so whatever.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, your photography theme is challenging, but I an confident you will overcome the challenges as so many are turning out!

    ReplyDelete