11.30.2010

Final Motion Model

.swf of my model.

Below are screenshots of the .swf. The first is what it looks like originally. The second is when you hover over the text. All of them changes color besides the context/environment one, that just shows the text when you hover over it. The third one is when you click on that button, the text shows up in the middle.


Something I couldn't figure out was how to make a button go away when you click another button. So right now, if you click on message, the text will show, but if you click output, the message text is still there underneath the output text. The only way to take it off is if you click the text itself or the button that trigger that text. That's pretty much the only downside. I think it is a bit boring but it presents the information and it's clear.

I think with the interactive piece, I have more space to put definition of things so that it would be clearer to the viewer. In my still image, there was just one word or short sentences, and with the action scripting, there was a greater chance to write sentences that better convey the message. I also put sound as my noise and that's something print can't do. I wanted to put some images it but it would've made the information repetitive and it would make the diagram look more busy so I didn't. I also think that with the interactivity, the viewer can look wherever first and control where they are looking, so there isn't an overload of information to take in.

No comments:

Post a Comment