11.22.2010

Motion Communication Model

For the last project, we are animating our communication model that we made for Visual Language.

Originally, I wanted to have it zoomed into one word, like input, and then have the viewer click it and that would show the text underneath it. I would have the hover color another color so the viewer know to click it. From there, the lines would be drawn and it was stop at the next word and another click will show the additional information and so forth. Noise would also be able to click and that would sound and the viewer can click it on or off.

After the action scripting demo last Wednesday, some parts of my ideas are limited but I still want to try to get it to work. I can't figure out how to make it be in motion and then have an action and then it moves again. So since then, I've made storyboards for 3 different ways each message could show up. 
I focused more on one part of the whole scheme because that's what I originally wanted, but it could be applied if my screen was the whole schematic. The first idea is basically the viewer seeing the line being drawn and they click on the square by the word and that would expand and have the text and supporting images/videos. The second idea is to have text pop down and within the text, the viewer can click certain words that would bring up imagery. The third one is to just have the word pop up when clicked and have it stay there while the viewer moves on. Since I was thinking to make the whole scheme moving, I didn't really bother thinking if the screens would come off or not. If I do make the scheme the whole picture, I would have to take them off but if not, it might just stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment