4.29.2010

Project 5: Nat Geo

VERY late post but it's the last project for Image! It's also a group project and I'm paired up with Janna. We are doing a DVD cover/disk/menu and poster for a National Geographic movie "Six Degrees Could Change the World". It basically talks about global warming and how each time the temperature of the earth rises, something is affected. So we spent a ton of time just brainstorming ideas.
And then we chose a direction, which was to create an ideal scene with multiple images in a seamless way and then adding these black dots/smoke interweaving through the environment. In the movie, they used these dots to symbolize the CO2 and that's being emitted and we wanted to bring that into our cover/poster. So below are more sketches that are geared towards the idea.
And then we finally made it. I'm in charge of the dvd cover and inside disk. So below is the disk. There will be an image behind it, probably of water or sky, just so that it is still simple and since the cover/poster is already busy, we wanted a simple thing to counterbalance that.This is my cover for the dvd. There were more iterations but I keep forgetting to save another copy of it for the blog. :/ Anyways, I used digitize black dots but we made some marks using cotton balls and other round objects that I still need to try and put in here. I'm leaning towards the digitized version more simply because it is more clean, but I'll need to work in a texture on it so that it wouldn't be too boring looking.
Janna is doing the poster so maybe she has that on her blog. But this is what I've done so far since the beginning of the project. I'm also attempting the flash, which isn't going so well but I'll upload it once it's presentable.

No comments:

Post a Comment