4.11.2010

Final Book Covers

Final book covers!
Or at least some photos I took of them. At first, I was really excited and then that excitement quickly died down and I wasn't enjoying it much. I think majority of it was that I knew it wouldn't turn out the way I want it to because of the guidelines set. Like, I would've like to use full colors and not just my color palette of my icons. But in general, they are something I am proud of. The biggest challenge for me was coming up with concepts. I think that's my weakest point in many projects. I get stuck on one idea and it doesn't take me any where. I learned that I just need a lot (A LOT) of time to think about it. For the final concept, I spent like 3 days just thinking and thinking about it. The bad thing is, there's never enough time to think or do anything so it just turns out to be not what I expect. I sorta kinda like the having to find images not on the internet. It really got me to look through tons of books and magazines. Sometimes I couldn't find exactly what I wanted so I had to make some sacrifices. For example, my coffee cups for the relationship book, I wanted a typical round coffee cup but I couldn't find any in the magazines I had so I gave in to a less typical shape. Um...learning how to use duotone/tritone was interesting. I figured that it takes A LOT of adjusting to get the "perfect" color balance. Craft wise, my craft sucks. The mock up book with the foam core wasn't hard to make or anything, it's just the cutting that got to me. I somehow can't cut everything the same size and i always cut it at an angle even though I hold my knife straight. So I don't know what's up. Just something I could improve on. Like I said, I still like how it turned out. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment