9.08.2009

Project 1 Reading Response

The reading assigned related to our project very much, and they were helpful. They all worked together to help me understand what is needed to convey a message. In Meggs' reading, it emphasizes how the bleeding or cropping can help convey a message or how using angle and the viewpoint can change or help the meaning. Wong's reading talked mostly about contrast in everything. The one I found most useful was the contrast in size and how it can show dominance. Dondis was the most helpful reading. It talked about what makes design appealing by using opposing pairs, how one cannot exist without the other. For example: balance and instability, unity and fragmentation, predictability and spontaneity. I loved how they used words that we needed to depict in the warm up exercise. In general, I feel like I've learned very important aspects of design.

No comments:

Post a Comment