9.26.2010

Final Jazz Poster

Final jazz poster? Perhaps. We shall see.

This was quite the experience, being able to design for a real life job. It was hard at first because my concept (the moon thing) didn't work out so I was behind and then text and colors weren't working and everything just seemed rushed and I don't know. Somehow I was able to put something together and I really love it now. I posted some iterations of different backgrounds and text ideas below and I chose to keep with the gradient and the triangles because it kept to the simplicity and the spotlight is still there but not as evident and I just really like it. I used pun as my rhetoric trope with the l being a mic stand and then having his mic be on top of that. That lead to text being image and so I had to choose typefaces that was modern but still communicates him and his music. And then since I didn't have much image to rely on, the background had to speak to his music as well. So warm colors were chosen since his music was warm and romantic. I tried some blues below but it seemed too cool for him. I chose to use triangles because it makes a mark with all the angles and corners and that's what he is like, making his mark on jazz. Also, it's more visually interesting than the squares and lines and circles. At first I really didn't like this project but now I love my poster, especially from where it was at the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment