9.23.2010

Detail Narrative 2

So for the second detail narrative, I chose to do an audio piece about the history of the organization. I can't figure out how to upload an .mp3 online and then embed it in here. So anyone who knows how to do that, help?

For the audio, I took it from this clip. It has an interview with the founders and some side projects information. When I originally pitched this idea, I was told to make it as original as I can, so it doesn't seem like I just took something and edited it and called it my own. That's what I was most worried about. So to resolve that, I edit out A LOT of stuff. Originally I was able to cut it down to a minute and 30 seconds? Something like that. The final piece is only 36 seconds. So I cut out phrases and parts and then rearranged them to tell a different story from the original. If you could hear the original and then what I edited, I think there's a significant difference.

It took me a lot longer than I expected to finish this. First, I never really edit sound only before and I never used Audacity before this. So learning the software and then cutting it at the EXACT spot I want it to, so that it could cohesive, was difficult. In my piece, you can hear some parts that I just couldn't cut off or I cut off too early. :/ In general though, I'm ok with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment