4.26.2011

Recent Type Example

So I've been working on making letters from another letter. Through this experimentation, I've learned really specific elements make up one letter and these elements make that letter distinguishable. B's have to have a straight stem and the 2 bowls have to be distinct. I's have to be straight and if it looks at all curve, it might look like a J. V's have to have that tip at the baseline or else it will look like an U. The list could go on and on. When making an alphabet, there has to be some sort of indication to make it cohesive either through how many cuts I make or the rules I set up for myself. These rules are meant to keep things together and challenge me. I will then take these rules and apply it to the user's interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment