4.05.2011

Experimental Type Progress


 So far, I have learned that type can take any shape and form. The form of it can be very intricate like calligraphy or it can be a mess, barely recognizable. With my experiments, I want the users to be able to create their own letter forms and then I take those and manipulate them somehow. Or I can just let them make their own. The top image went for that idea with me providing certain parts and then allowing the users to create a letter from those parts.
I also looked at scripting in Illustrator and how they can manipulate a letterform. Above is a script I found and it made me realize that no matter how much you want to push this script, the letter form is somehow still visible. Which made me wonder, how much can I push legibility before a letterform is no longer a recognizable. Can people even see the letter without knowing it was a letter in the first place or will they see something completely different. Type can act in many different ways. I think the way I'm approaching it shows that there is a very thin boundary of legibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment