5.09.2010

Spring Semester Reflection

This semester I have learned a lot of things. I learned about semiotics, image making, creating posters, magazine layouts, and many many more. Spring semesters tend to fly by quicker than fall semester but I have learned SO many things.

I feel comfortable where I am at design wise. I could improve in my designing skills and making things look pretty. I'm very systematic and tend to be stuck there. I'm also very stubborn with changing ideas, which I feel like if it isn't working, I should change ideas. But the thing is, I tend to want to make my original idea work so I try my best. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I think I'm good formally but not conceptually. I'm very literal and straight to the point. I need to be more witty and clever.

There were so many things from first semester that carried over to second semester. I'm sure that the things I learned this semester will carry on to my designing career. Semiotics will for sure play a big part since many seniors talked about it last semester at their review. Type will always play a big part to making or breaking any poster or info graphs. Images have to be well thought out and executed for the message to be clearly conveyed.

I'd say this semester was much better than the last. I was more time efficient and I made more work that I'm proud to present. I've been slacking lately but I'm going to make sure next year I will start the momentum up strong and keep it there for Junior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment