1.31.2011

Improving the Online Experience

After reading chapters from Don't Make Me Think, it really got me thinking about how I can improve how people view the Travel section of the USA Today online site. The first thing that catches my eye is all the text and how it's organized. There really isn't much difference in hierarchy, which is something hopefully I can fix. There's also a ton of articles on there so maybe lessening the amount of articles on the front page so that people won't be overwhelmed. The use of color would be nice as well since right now its mainly clouds and "tropical" colors. There's also not really a distinct way that the articles are categorized. There is a little bit of a system happening but it's not very noticeable so I hope to categorize things more so that the viewers can easily navigate to what they were looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment